Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Brownie Lava Cake


I was needing a chocolate fix the other day and I came up with this recipe.

" 'Cause I've got a Golden Ticket, I've got a golden....."

I'm not gonna lie to ya, this was supposed to be just brownies.
 I got a little carried away with the chocolate and made it into a lava cake.


It was the best 'mistake' I've made all week  year.


Not like when I decided to order a Vanilla Matcha Mocha.
Word to the wise:
vanilla +green tea+chocolate+espresso
is
too much to stomach in one cup.
Please believe me.


You'd think all this chocolate would be too much to stomach.
But no.
It's not.
Too much and chocolate don't even belong in the same sentence.


Chocolate and more belong in the same sentence.
More chocolate, please.


Brownie Lava Cake
Serves: 6
(Original recipe)

½ cup butter
300 g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp instant coffee
1 tbsp heavy cream, warm

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.  In a microwave safe bowl, melt together 100 grams of chocolate and the butter. Stir together until completely combined.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and beat on low speed for about 1 minute. Add sugar and vanilla and increase speed to medium and beat until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time until well mixed.
3. Dissolve the instant coffee in the warm cream and add to the mixing bowl. Add flour and stir until just combined. Fold in the rest of the chopped chocolate (200g).
3. Pour mixture into a greased 8'' x 8'' square pan or 6 ramekins. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes (for the square pan) or until the top of the cake has turned crisp and dry. The inside will be very gooey and seem under cooked. Serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped cream. As the lava cake cools it will harden on the inside. Reheat in the oven for a few minutes to make it gooey again.



4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how you can just come up with a recipe and such a delicious looking one at that. Thanks for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh.
    wow.
    just...
    wow.
    so many levels of delicious.
    thanks for sharing :)
    love this, love you! .meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried this and goodness it so so mouth watering! i so love it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...