Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I have arrived at my banana chocolate chip destiny.
This is it.
This is my muffin.



It's my go to muffin when I have a bunch of black bananas threatening to burst their guts on my kitchen counter.


It's cakey, it's moisty, it's chocolately and it's easy.


It's breakfast, it's dessert and it's a snack all packed into one.

Make it as muffins or make it as a loaf. It doesn't judge.


Everyone needs a good banana chocolate chip muffin/loaf in their repertoire,
make this one yours.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Barely adapted from: The Kitchy Kitchen
Makes: 15 muffins

1 cup sugar
½ cup butter
3 cups mashed bananas (about 5)
2 eggs
2 cups flour 
½ cup milk
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
½ cup walnuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips



Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, mix the milk and vinegar together, letting the milk curdle slightly (you'll see tiny clumps stick two a spoon). 
2. Sift together the dry ingredients. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time. While on low, add the dry ingredients then the milk alternatively, ending with the milk. Add the vanilla. 
3.Turn off the mixer and fold in the bananas, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Pour into greased muffin cups bake for 20-25 minutes. The muffins should be a deep golden brown and bounce back if you push it.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how many of these items I've eaten, considering I live 2.5 hours away.

    Ps. I'm expecting some lovin' from the oven (or any other kitchen appliance) on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing. I think you'll be delighted to see you've also sampled Friday's post. Oh... and thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...